OHB Italia is seeking for its Telescopes Department in Milano for immediate start a
SYSTEM ENGINEER (M/F) REF.TELE.SYS.2023
The Telescopes Department is responsible for the design, manufacturing and installation of a remotely controlled Telescope to support the two main space surveillance applications:
- Near-Earth Objects (NEO) application for the detection, monitoring and warning of potential Earth impactors such as asteroids and tracking of newly discovered objects.
- Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST) application for the detection, cataloguing and orbit prediction of objects orbiting the Earth. It is part of an effort to avoid collisions between orbiting satellites and debris, provide safe reentries, detect on-orbit
Our Flyeye Telescope, thanks to its extremely wide field of view, can detect hazardous objects continuously scanning the night sky. It is the answer for a safe Space and a safer life on planet Earth.
You will join a fast-growing environment that will offer a unique experience that will involve you from the design phase to the commissioning of our systems at some of the world’s most beautiful astronomical sites.
This position is an integral part of our team that builds and delivers our ground based telescopes. As a low volume manufacturer (system integrator company) that functions more as a development business, this position requires strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to ensure first time builds remain at quality and schedule expected by our customers.
Make yourself known and become part of the Flyeye team!
- Support the System Engineer in the technical coordination of a multidiscipline engineering team for design, integration and testing of ground based telescope
- Support requirement flow-down and allocation to subsystem level
- Support budget apportionment and maintenance process
- Perform analyses of functional, performance and interface requirements
- Oversee suppliers manufacturing process and subsystems acceptance reporting directly to the System Engineer lead
- Participate to system level integration and verification activities
- Write technical documentation according to applicable standards
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Master Degree (MSc) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and Optical Engineering, or comparable qualifications
- Previous experience of at least 3 years in design, development and verification activities of complex mechanical or opto-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with mechanical manufacturing and assembly processes (knowledge of optical manufacturing processes will be considered a plus)
- Familiarity with Gage, Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to read drawings and/or schematics (both mechanical and electrical) per industry specifications
- Hands on experience with integrating, testing and verification of complex system (if related to telescope or opto-mechanical products will be considered as a plus)
- Able to work under moderate supervision but with high reporting skills
- Strong focus on reaching progress by thinking and communicating in terms of solutions, and the ability of reaching goals under schedule pressure
- High level of flexibility, high motivation, pro-active working approach and strong sense of responsibility
- Available for business travel
- Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to work in international and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in NX Siemens or other equivalent 3D CAD tools
- Fluency in spoken and written Italian and English