OHB Italia is seeking for its Product Assurance department in Milano or Rome for immediate start a
Space Materials and Processes Specialist m/f Ref. M&P 2024
As Space Materials and Processes Specialist, you will play a significant role in the design, development, manufacturing, and assembly of space equipment/assemblies. Your expertise in materials science, manufacturing processes, and space technology will be essential for ensuring the reliability, performance, and safety of the equipment/assemblies used in space missions according to ECSS.
- Material and mechanical parts selection and evaluation: you will be responsible for reviewing the design proposed by engineering, considering factors such as outgassing, corrosion protection, radiation tolerance, temperature environment, etc. All these aspects will be consolidated in the issue of project DML, DPL and DMPL with the use of ESA DMPL tool software or in compliance with project requirements.
- Critical PMP items management: you will be responsible for the process of qualification of PMP items considered critical by ECSS.
- Approval of PMP items: you will be responsible for the approval of project PMP items by the whole customer chain by participating to MPCBs and RFA issuing and management. You will also be responsible for the approval of PMP items coming from suppliers through the project customer chain.
- Harmonisation of development: you will oversee new manufacturing/assembly processes developments harmonisation with the company standard approach for qualification and ECSS.
- Participation to project reviews: you will participate in project reviews (PDR, CDR, etc.) as Material and Processes expert in coordination with the PA manager. You will also participate in project reviews for suppliers, to critically evaluate their PMP items Vs ECSS requirements.
- Risk assessment: you will conduct risk assessments related to materials and processes, identifying potential issues and implementing mitigation strategies in coordination with the PA manager and the company risk manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 3-year experience in the space industry with a focus on materials and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of space equipment design, manufacturing, and testing.
- Familiarity with ECSS regulations related to space equipment.
- experience in cleanliness and contamination control aspects.
- High level of flexibility and willingness to work in international teams.
- High motivation, pro-active working approach and strong sense of responsibility.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Italian language skills are advantageous.
- Knowledge of environmental and reliability testing for space equipment.
- Knowledge of ECSS ruling EEE parts soldering.
- Root cause analysis investigation methods.