OHB Italia is seeking for its BU Telescope Department in Milano for immediate start a
Software Developer Engineer (m/f) Ref.SW_TELE_2023
The Telescope group is responsible for the realization of a totally remote and automatic Telescope to support the main space agencies in the SST and NEO fields. In OHB you will be responsible of the containerization of the current applications, create services for data processing and management adopted by the Fly-Eye Telescope Control Center. The work requires to create the containers and develop microservices following distributed systems architectural patterns. You will manage the container infrastructure platform that will be used by the team to meet the project goals. You will be also involved in configuring and managing the CI/CD pipelines, managing the artifacts lifecycle. Through all these activities and by working with the main space agencies in the development process you will deliver exciting new features.
- Create containers that run the Telescope’s applications
- Create services for data processing and management to deploy at the Telescope Control center
- Develop image processing software
- Configure and manage the CI/CD pipelines
- Analysing users stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments
- Provide timely solutions
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Provide support and documentation
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- C, C++, Python, scripting Programming language
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of microservices, containers and containers orchestration systems
- Experience in image processing
- Strong expertise in DevOps and CI/CD implementation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Master or higher engineering degree, in any relevant area such as computer science, electronic engineering, aerospace engineering, physics or automation.
Fluent English language is mandatory.