OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellite and Missions Department in Rome or Milano a
Senior Satellite System Engineer (M/F) Ref. SenSatSys_2023
OHB is recruiting a Senior Satellite Systems Engineer with 10+ years of hands-on working experience.
You will join a team of system engineers, bringing your experience in leading and driving the satellite activities along the whole project lifecycle, including design, development, integration, verification, launch and in-orbit operations.
You could be involved either in early phases (0-B1) or in consolidation and delivery phases (B2-E), for both new developments and recurring projects based on OHB Italia line of products. Typical applications are in the Earth observation business, for both commercial and institutional customers.
As Senior Satellite Systems Engineer, you will be in the position to propose disruptive approaches to optimize the processes, reduce the Total Cost of Ownership and the satellite delivery time.
The successful candidate’s knowledge of overall space systems, missions, optical and radar satellites, subsystems and equipment will be the catalyst to foster the innovation of OHB Italia already successful small satellite business.
- Lead the development and qualification of a challenging small satellites
- Definition of satellite requirements for optical and radar Earth-observastion mission
- Perform satellite functional analysis and design trade-offs
- Manage satellite internal and external interfaces
- Detailed planning of activities
- Support satellite verification and AIT activities
- Participation to Launch campaign
- Interface with Agencies and private customers
- Strong knowledge of satellite systems engineering, including requirements engineering, functional analysis, verification control
- Knowledge of optical and/or radar payloads and missions
- Previous experience with commercial and institutional customers
- Experience in various satellite engineering domains (eg. Electronics, structure, SW etc.)
- Experience in satellite verification, including participation to AIT campaigns
- Excellent sense of responsibility
- Structured hands-on work-approach
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer oriented thinking-approach
- University degree (Master/PhD) or equivalent education plus relevant proven work experience in industry
- Model Based System Engineering
- Concurrent engineering tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)