OHB Italia is seeking for its BU Telescopes Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a
SENIOR OPTICAL ENGINEER (M/F) REF.TEL.24
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Optical Engineer to join our team focused on the development of space-based instruments and ground telescopes. The ideal candidate will bring extensive expertise in optical design, analysis, and testing, with a good background in spaceborne instrumentation.
- Optical System Design:
- Lead the design and optimization of optical systems for space-based instruments and ground telescopes.
- Perform detailed ray tracing, aberration analysis, and optimization to achieve high-performance imaging capabilities.
- Instrument Integration and Testing:
- Oversee the integration and testing of optical systems, ensuring compliance with specified performance requirements.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure seamless integration of optical components with other subsystems.
- Performance Analysis and Simulation:
- Conduct performance analysis through simulation tools and modelling to predict and validate system capabilities.
- Work closely with the engineering team to refine and improve optical system performance based on simulation results.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare comprehensive documentation including design specifications, test plans, and analysis reports.
- Present findings and progress updates to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Collaboration and Leadership:
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams including mechanical, electrical, and systems engineering.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Optical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in optical design and engineering for space-based instruments.
- Proficiency in optical design software (e.g., Zemax, CODE V) and simulation tools.
- Proven expertise in ground-based telescope systems.
- Good understanding of spaceborne instrumentation, including knowledge of space environment challenges.
- Experience with testing and validation of optical systems.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with adaptive optics and image processing techniques.
- Knowledge of space debris tracking and characterization.
- Experience with CubeSat missions and small satellite systems.