OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites Department in Milano for immediate start a
SENIOR MECHANICAL,THERMAL,PROPULSION ARCHITECT (M/F) REF.SAT.06.2022
- Responsible for Mechanical, Thermal and Propulsion (MTP) SubSystems Engineering, including coordinating and leading a project team of related engineers.
- Creation of related engineering work packages and maintain the budget and follow-up over pro-ject duration
- Elaboration, development and accommodation of MTP technical baseline solutions on the basis of customer requirements and budgets
- Define and maintain all MTP budgets, and to ensure these budgets remain within allocated requirements.
- Ensure proper flow-down and allocation of lower level sub-system requirements and budgets and maintain them up to date during the program lifetime.
- Mechanical, Thermal and Propulsion Subsystem requirement specification review and harmonization
- Responsible for the definition and specification of internal and external MTP interfaces including margins and associated documentation.
- Perform technical management of subcontracts in the assigned technical area
- Support the evaluation and management of deviations and non-conformances in MTP
- Support implementation of agreed changes to the design and deliverables
- Collaboration with technical management and other Systems Engineering disciplines.
- Generate development and qualification/acceptance plans (acoustic, vibration, shock, static load tests, thermal vacuum and balance tests, propulsion to verify mechanical, thermal, propulsion design
- Support TRL definition for the subsystem of competence
- University / polytechnic degree or PhD in Physics or Engineering, ideally in one of the areas of MTP Engineering
- At least 8+ years of professional experience in design, development and verification activities for space projects in MTP area
- Ability to lead and guide a project related MTP engineering team in combination with technical leadership capability
- Strong focus on reaching progress by thinking and communicating in terms of solutions, and the ability of reaching goals under schedule pressure
- Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to work in in-ternational and multi-disciplinary teams
- Fluent in English in reading and writing – proven certificate, Other language skills are a plus