OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites & Missions Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (M/F) REF.SAT02.2022
- Spacecraft subsystem mechanical design.
- Incorporate all Avionics components, harnessing and Payload/RF interconnect sub-systems into spacecraft bus design.
- Support trade space investigations for structural optimization with finite element models and hand calculations.
- Interface with other subsystems owners for design interface requirements, identify and implement design solutions.
- Detail design for spacecraft composite panels, brackets, hardware, machined parts, tcs integration components, and various mechanical components.
- Create detailed design documentation for component manufacture, assembly and test.
- Conduct detailed tolerance analyses, clearance/interference checks.
- Provide ongoing manufacturing support during spacecraft build for assembly, integration, and test.
- Support detailed tracking spreadsheet for system mass properties (mass, CG, MOIs).
- Research options for appropriate materials and surface treatments for mechanical component design to comply with mission performance requirements.
- Support qualification plans (acoustic, vibration, shock, static load tests, thermal tests) to verify structural and thermal margins of safety, and correlation to analysis models.
- 8+ years of work experience.
- Bachelor of Science in aerospace or mechanical engineering or professional high school
- 8+ years of experience with 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing specifications
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of NX
- Demonstrated basic FEA skills for structural analysis (FEMAP/Nastran, Ansys, or others), and excellent knowledge of mechanical design principles.
- Experienced with carbon fiber/ aluminum composite honeycomb design / manufacturing techniques.
- Experienced in troubleshooting issues and finding solutions.
- Experienced with structural and/or thermal testing and correlation of test data to predictions.
- Innovative, driven, out of the box thinker, self-motivated to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles.
- Very strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills.