OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites & Missions Business Unit in Milano or Rome for immediate start a Satellite Power Subsystem Engineer.
- Analysis of the Satellite Mission Requirements from theCustomer, delivery of the Electrical Power Budget(Satellite units consumption, Solar Array delivered power,battery charge/discharge cycling, Power Conditioning Unitdissipation) during the various Satellite phases, simulationof possible Operational scenarios.
- Perform and/or coordinate electrical analysis showingcompliance to the requirements
- Interaction with other subsystems/units responsible(mission, structure, mechanical, thermal, Data Handling,safety, PAand AOCS) for the definition and clarification ofthe relevant constraints and interfaces, and analysesexchanges
- Define the EPS electrical Architecture, design of theSubsystem at high level, sizing of the EPS units (SolarArray (SA), Power Conditioning and Distribution unit(PCDU), Battery (BAT))
- Issue of the EPS Requirement Specification and issue ofEPS Design Report, with relevant EPS Electrical scheme,block diagram, high level and IF electrical analysis
- Issue of the power units (SA, PCDU, BAT) procurementspecification, taking into account the performedPower/Energy analysis, Concurrent development with theother subsystems (thermal/mechanical constrains, qualityrequirements, mission requirement, Integration and testing,etc.), and from the requirements coming from the appliedspace engineering standard (typically ECSS standard)
- Technical evaluation of the received proposal fromexternal suppliers for the procurement of PCDU, SA andBAT, selection of the suppliers, and their interface.
- Contribution and participation to the Customer andsubcontractors reviews
- Leading technical role in the subcontractor design,development and testing of the units, (review of supplierdocumentation, performance assessment, units/boardselectrical scheme review, units/boards prototype firstevaluation, further model developments) and theircompliance to the requirements.
- Technical Interface with the Customer in order todemonstrate the adequacy of the proposed EPS design andthe fulfilment of the High-level requirements.
- Contribution to the Satellite test plan, and participation tothe Satellite test and launch phases.
- Master Degree in Electronic Engineering or or compariblequalification
- Several years of professional experience in the field ofelectrical systems engineering for Space applications
- Experience in satellite system verification and testactivities
- Knowledge of power electronic equipment design, DCConverter design and control. Knowledge of circuits andsignals Interfaces
- Knowledge of European space standards and rules andrelevant documentation
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in team and tomanage client/customer relationship, ability to managework overhead and contingency issues
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and ability towork independently
- Fluency in spoken and written English