OHB Italia is seeking for its Microwave Earth Observation Payloads Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a Project Manager. The ideal candidate has technical background having previously worked on complex systems in technical roles and has at least 5 years experience as Project Manager.
PROJECT MANAGER (M/F) REF.MEOP.02.2022
As member of the Project Office Team, reporting to the Head of Project Management:
- Program Management of Microwave Imaging Earth Observation Instruments
- Responsible for project planning, coordination and completion on time and within budget
- Interface with the Customer
- Coordination and management of external suppliers
- Coordination of internal resources and activities
- Preparation and coordination of meetings, reviews, workshops
- Definition and management of project related economics (cost estimate)
- Definition and maintenance of the project planning
- Identification and management of project risks
- Management of project changes
- Project progress status monitoring
- Measuring of project performance
- Master Degree (MSc) in Aerospace, Electronics, Telecommunications, Management, Mechanical or comparable qualifications.
- 5 years experience in technical roles in electronics, RF or mechanical engineering, preferably in the space business.
- 5 years experience in Program Management, preferably in the space business.
- Knowledge of space business standards and practices.
- Capable of team building, coordination and conflict resolution, with positive attitude and leadership.
- Mastering of project economics and costing estimation.
- Mastering of planning and scheduling techniques and large experience with related tools (MS project, MS Excel) in complex and multi-projects environment.
- Mastering risk management.
- Experience with contract change management.
- Capable to work under pressure with tight planning.
- Capable to manage multitasking.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Willing to undertake business travels in Europe.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (must be able to read and write complex documents and to discuss and negotiate with international partners, including English native speakers), knowledge of Italian is preferable