OHB Italia is seeking for its BU Telescope Department in Milano for immediate start an
Opto-Mechanical AIT Engineer (m/f) Ref. AIT Opt_TELE_2023
The Telescopes Department is responsible for the design, manufacturing, and installation of a remotely controlled Telescope to support the main space agencies in Space Safety activities (SST and NEO fields).
The Flyeye Telescope, thanks to its extremely wide field of view, can detect hazardous objects continuously scanning the night sky. It is the answer for a safe Space and a safer life on planet Earth.
You will be involved in all integration and test phases, both in-Factory and at the final sites. You will have the exciting opportunity to challenge yourself working under the clearest skies on Earth.
- Active part in integration activities, collaborating with the Telescope AIT Team
- Active part in optical alignment activities, collaborating with the Telescope AIT Team and with Optical Engineers
- Definition and implementation of integration and test procedures
- System and sub-system test activities, generation of all related documentation
- Reporting activities (integration, test, non-conformities, risks)
- Support during night test observations
- Handling of mechanical and optical assemblies, tools and GSEs
- MAIT activities both in-Factory and at the final Site of the Telescope
- Active participation in periodic technical/review/progress meetings
- Preparation of the AIT documentation, as Procedures, Setup design, As-run Procedures documentation
- Master or higher degree, in any relevant area such as engineering, aerospace engineering or physics
- Professional experience of at least 2 years in the domain of AIT
- Good reporting capabilities and easy communication both to colleagues and responsible
- Outstanding teamwork capabilities
- Understanding of issues, identification of root causes, definition of solutions
- Proactive attitude
- Self-criticism focused on endorsing lesson-learned aspects and to implement them
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to execute the activities also abroad in mid/long term missions.
- Fluent in spoken English and excellent written English skills are mandatory
- Basic experience in 3D CAD Models tools
- Use of MS Office tools