OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellite and Missions Department in Rome or Milano a
NewSpace Satellite System Engineer (M/F) REF.NewSpace_2023
For the micro satellites business, OHB is recruiting a NewSpace Satellite Systems Engineer with 5+ years of hands-on working experience.
As the NewSpace Satellite Systems Engineer, you will lead and drive the satellite activities along the whole project lifecycle, including design, development, integration, verification, launch and in-orbit operations, for single satellites, swarms and constellations.
You will be actively involved with other projects of the same product line, acting both as a keeper and an innovator of the product technical baseline, by proposing disruptive approaches to optimize the processes, reduce the Total Cost of Ownership and increase the satellite production rates.
The successful candidate’s knowledge of space systems, optical and radar missions, subsystems and equipment will be the catalyst to foster the innovation of OHB Italia already successful microsatellite business.
- Lead the development and qualification of a challenging microsatellite
- Definition of satellite requirements for optical Earth-observing mission
- Perform satellite functional analysis and design trade-offs
- Manage satellite internal and external interfaces
- Detailed planning of activities
- Support satellite AIT (hands-on) and verification activities
- Participation to Launch campaign
- Strong knowledge of satellite systems engineering, including requirements engineering, functional analysis, verification control
- Previous experience with micro satellites and NewSpace approaches
- Experience in various satellite engineering domains (eg. Electronics, structure, optics etc.)
- Experience in satellite verification, including participation to AIT campaigns
- Excellent sense of responsibility
- Structured hands-on work-approach
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer oriented thinking-approach
- University degree (Master/PhD) or equivalent education plus relevant proven work experience in industry
- Experience with Earth-observation and optical missions
- Model Based System Engineering