OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites & Missions Business Unit in Milano for immediate start a Mechanical AIT Technician/Engineer.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Fitter / Technician that will be working as part of a team on the integration of a Flight Satellite.
The candidate shall guarantee the soundness of the technical approach, in terms of solutions and of implementation.
- Collaborate with the AIT Team on the Mechanical Integration of the structure of the satellite PFM model.
- Flight equipment integration
- Waveguide integration
- Flight harness integration
- Coax cable integration
- Structural component integration
- Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools)
- Gluing and integration of thermal and mechanical sensors: thermocouples, thermistors, heaters, accelerometers
- Support System AIT on the implementation of the MAIT process and related documents
- Handling of Satellite and related MGSE, including use of cherry picker, fork lift and crane.
- Mechanical support during Satellite Environmental Test Campaign
- Mechanical support during Satellite Launch Campaign
- has a good background in Mechanical Engineering and Satellite integration;
- has worked for some years in the AIT area of Space Systems;
- has a good hands-on knowledge of the system engineering process for space projects;
- has developed a system-oriented thinking and vision;
- has a good hands-on knowledge of CAD tools, preferred NX or Catia.
- has a good hands-on knowledge of Office Packet
- has experience/ proven ability working to a very fine tolerance either from working in a clean room environment or high quality/ high value manufacturing areas.
- You need to have a flexible approach to work as you will be required to work shifts.
- Must be able to work at height and in a restricted space.
- has basic engineering hand skills (filing, drilling, tapping, heli-coil installation)
- has skill and certification on flight harness crimping
- familiar using measurement tools such Callipers and Micrometers as well as using torque wrenches.
- familiar using glues for aerospace application
- soft skills driving for the position are:
- ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment;
- creative thinking ability applied to engineering and AIT (concepts and solutions) and in approaching problem-solving during the programme development; capability to develop effective ideas;
- commitment to objectives, willingness to take responsibility through motivation, dedication, initiative, proactivity, autonomy;