OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites & Missions Business Unit in Milano or Rome for immediate start a
Avionics System Engineer (M/F) REF.SAT.03.2022
- Give support to satellite design from the pre-development phase up to launch campaign, including in-orbit commissioning
- Give support to proposal preparation as well as evaluation of subcontractor proposals
- Design and implementation of the Avionic SubSystem in terms of: definition of requirements, electrical design, verification of requirements verus top level customer requirements
- Analysis of system requirements and extraction of avionics and electrical related requirements to ensure the correct and complete flow-down to lower level equipment suppliers
- Perform design trade-offs between disciplines such as thermal, structural, mechanical, electrical, functional etc
- Support the evaluation, selection of lower level suppliers to ensure the proper implementation of the avionic architecture.
- Knowledge and familiarity of electrical interfaces as per ECSS-E-ST-50-14 aimed to the harmonization and compatibility verification among satellite internal and external interfaces.
- System-level planning and supervision of the Avionics Units development.
- Production and maintenance of documentation (analyses, specifications, test procedures, reports and design descriptions).
- Organization and conduction of internal and external reviews
- Definition of a standard process and test concept for the electrical systems verification from early design phases until system level verification campaigns, including environmental and launch campaigns.
- Definition of EGSE requirements to support testing and requirements verification activities for satellite and/or subsystem units.
- Cooperation with project team, systems engineering and other divisions
- Planning and definition of the Avionics test campaign, provision of support during test phase, and evaluation of test results.
- Master’s degree in engineering with a major in Electrical/Electronic or Space technology, or comparable qualifications
- At least 5 years of professional experience as system engineer in the space industry
- Professional experience in phase B/C/D in Satellite projects
- Good knowledge of state-of-the art requirements engineering and management practices and tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Relevant experience and good knowledge of practically applying engineering standards (e.g. ECSS)
- Proven experience in technical and/or project management of institutional Earth Observation projects
- Experience in satellite system verification and test activities
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of flexibility and attitude to work in a team, Italy and abroad
- Fluency in spoken and written English