OHB Italia is looking for it’s Payload Business Unit in Milano and for immediate start a
an Antenna/RF System Engineer m/f Ref. payload_23
The ideal candidate has been working on complex RF systems in the microwave and millimeter-wave ranges, with experience on antenna system design and analysis together with a solid RF background. Familiarity with communication systems architectural design is an asset. Familiarity with the space business would be an asset but it is not mandatory.
- As member of the project engineering team in charge of developing spaceborne radiometers for Earth observation, reporting to the RF & Microwave Engineering Manager:
- Definition of potential architectures and designs of RF systems, based on high level user specifications, including antenna subsystem, passive elements, receivers, and transmitters.
- Trade-offs for the selection of the best RF system candidate architecture and design.
- Technical responsible for monitoring subcontractor activities related to antenna design, development, manufacturing, and testing in the frame of microwave radiometer systems and communication systems
- Responsible for the capability of the RF system design to meet the technical requirements and for the definition of the technical solutions to be implemented in the design, from the concept definition to the actual
- Break-down of the technical requirements to subsystems/equipment, generation of the technical specifications for subsystems/equipment.
- Definition and maintenance of the engineering budgets.
- Definition and implementation of the development and verification approach, establishing the corresponding documents, i.e., design, development & verification plans, test plans, design justification documents, interface control documents, verification control documents etc.
- Lead and coordinate the technical project tasks for the development of the RF system design, with the objective to meet the technical requirements within the budget and schedule constraints defined by the Project Manager.
- Manage technical interfaces with customers, project partners, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Support the Procurement Manager in the procurement of RF systems and components in the frame of microwave radiometer systems and communication systems from external subcontractors and suppliers, participating to reviews and meetings, responsible for the technical acceptance of the subcontractors’ and suppliers’ activities.
- Support the system engineering team in the definition of the mechanical, thermal, and electrical design features impacting the RF system.
- Support the project AIT team in the definition and execution of the system verification and test plan and procedures.
- Master’s degree (MSc) in Electronics, Telecommunications, Physics, or comparable qualifications.
- Experience in RF and Microwave systems design, integration, test from equipment level through to system level.
- Experience in antenna subsystems, including main relevant techniques and technologies.
- Good knowledge of main simulation tools for high frequency systems.
- Experience in analysis of supplier data and presentation of performance.
- Familiarity with the space business would be an asset but it’s not mandatory.
- Good communication, cooperation, and organization skills.
- Personal attitude to team working.
- Capable to work under pressure with tight planning.
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- Good analytical and system-oriented thinking skill.
- Capable to manage multitasking.
- Awareness for costs and schedule.
- Available to business travels in Europe (up to one/two per month).
- Fluent in spoken and written English (must be able to read and write complex documents and to discuss and negotiate with international partners, including English native speakers).
- Knowledge of Italian is preferable but not mandatory.
Experience in two or more of the following areas is required:
- Antenna system design and analyses.
- Wave guide systems and passive filters design and analyses.
- Radiometer performance assessment (sensitivity, accuracy, stability, etc.).
- RF communication system budget definition.