OHB Italia is seeking for its BU Telescope Department in Milano for immediate start an
AIT Manager (m/f) Ref. AIT Manager_TELE_2023
The Telescopes Department is responsible for the design, manufacturing, and installation of a remotely controlled Telescope to support the main space agencies in Space Safety activities (SST and NEO fields).
Our Flyeye Telescope, thanks to its extremely wide field of view, can detect hazardous objects continuously scanning the night sky. It is the answer for a safe Space and a safer life on planet Earth.
You will join a fast-growing environment that will offer a unique experience that will involve you from the design phase to the commissioning of our systems at some of the world’s most beautiful astronomical sites.
In this position, you will be the focal point for all AIT activities related to a specific project and will coordinate all the AIT resources allocated to the project.
- AIT Process Management: Develop, implement, and optimize assembly, integration, and test processes for telescope projects, ensuring adherence to industry standards and best practices.
- Project Planning: Collaborate with project managers to define AIT schedules, resource allocation, and milestones, ensuring timely and efficient execution of AIT activities (prepare and maintain the AIT Plan and the AIT Flow).
- Create the AIT WBS and the relevant AIT WPD’s as an input for the Project WBS/WPD.
- Evaluate costs, in terms of Labor and non-Labor, for the execution of all the AIT activities from the start of the Project up to completion.
- Prepare, maintain, and manage the AIT Schedule for the Project.
- Coordinate all the Resources executing AIT activities in the Project.
- Establish and implement the Resources shift-plan for the nominal and critical activities.
- Monitor the progress of the AIT activities, prepare the related reports and update the ETC for AIT.
- When applicable, prepare and lead the Daily Meetings.
- Monitor the application of quality rules in all AIT activities. Implement corrective actions if necessary.
- Coordinate, plan and monitor preparation of AIT documentation such as Procedures with their Dashboard, Setup design, As-run Procedures, IRR, TRR and PTR documentation.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and challenges in the AIT phase, develop mitigation strategies, and proactively address issues to ensure project success (provide input to Risk Register).
- Verify availability of input necessary to AIT job: Test and Configuration Requirement’s, System Schedule, User Manual’s etc..
- Participate or coordinate AIT participation to IRR, TRR, PTR, NRB, Progress Meeting and all similar Project Review’s.
- Master’s degree or comparable in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering or similar.
- Professional experience of at least 7 years in the domain of AIT (relevant experience in assembly, integration, and testing of complex systems, preferably in the telescopes or aerospace industry). Prior experience in a managerial or leadership role is required.
- Able to coordinate resources and organize work in single or (if needed) double shifts.
- Good interpersonal skills both internally with colleagues and externally with customer.
- Confidence with Ground or Space Business documentation such as Instrument/Satellite/Payload/Equipment User Manual’s Architecture Design and Test Requirements Procedures Assembly Drawings etc..
- Understanding of issues identification of root causes definition of solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good reporting capabilities to the Engineering Lead and the Project Manager.
- Availability to execute work also in long term missions such as Telescopes installation and commissioning.
- Fluent in spoken English and excellent written English skills are mandatory